Return to the previous page
 

The National Provincial Bank was a British retail bank which operated in England and Wales from 1833 until its merger into the National Westminster Bank in 1970; it remains a registered company but is currently dormant
Considered one of the "Big Five," it expanded during the 19th and 20th centuries and took over a number of smaller banking companies. It was based on Bishopsgate, at the thoroughfare's junction with Threadneedle Street, in London.
Left: The NatWest bank in King St. formerly the National Provincial bank. This may have been the bank John Ridley managed for nearly 35 years. This is the bank in King St. South Shields.