The Jarrow Chemical Company & Dean House
Dene House was used for company employees. A Mr.
Stapleford lived there until 1880, being joined by Henry
Martin, Company Agent in 1878.Martin died at Dean House
two years later aged 53. His three children had all died
in infancy but his wife Susan lived on until 1924 when
she died aged 86.
The 1882 census records the house as being uninhabited
but in 1882 J.D.Tatters, described as a 'house
analytical chemist'took up residence until 1890. He was
succeeded by Herbert Todd, chemical agent.
Click the image on the lefft to view three large
photographs of the coffin grave of the Martin family