Return to the Westoe Cemetery page
 

United Presbyterian Chapel, East Street.—This building was purchased of the Wesleyan Methodists in 1808. It contains 400 sittings, none of which are free. About 70 children attend the Sunday-school. The chapel is licensed for the solemnization of marriages; and the Rev. Henry Lawson is the present minister. (Hodgson 1857)


East St. Chapel from Waterloo Vale/Chapter Row. Wesleyan Methodist Church at the corner of Chapter Row and Waterloo Vale. Freeman's Store is on the corner opposite Waterloo Vale. The other side of the building is in East Street, it runs from East Street to Chapter Row.

The car stands on the site of the East St. Chapel

 


Map of the Waterloo Vale/East St. area. The chapel is shaded red. 1896

Back to the Top